Department: Instrumentation and Test Systems
AVL is the world’s largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines. Interested to be where the real magic is created? Come join us in our journey into a future of innovation!
- Creating 3D models (modeling, texturing, and rigging) for real-time rendering within the technical restrictions of the hardware.
- Retopology of complex CAD data
- Author realistic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR
- Create high-end marketing renderings & animations using ray-trace engines such as V-Ray or Cycles
- Build levels for VR / AR applications using Unreal Engine
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines (e.g. programming, engineering) to make needed adjustments to the production pipeline and assets. Receive feedback and requests from other team members. Communicate with team members on the potential solutions and implement them.
- Proficient with 3DS Max or Blender and Adobe CC
- Experienced in working with ray-trace engines such as V-Ray or Cycles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- Good knowledge in 3d asset generation for real-time applications
- Ability to create shaders/materials using node-based techniques
- Knowledge in the fields of Augmented and Virtual Reality is an advantage
- Knowledge in motion graphics design and VFX using After Effects is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written command of English; German in addition is an advantage
- Successfully completed a degree in Architecture, Industrial Product Design, Graphic Design
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Detail-oriented, efficient, self-disciplined and responsible working style combined with creativity and flexibility
- Teamwork skills and eager to work in interdisciplinary teams