The Business Year
Dikilitaş / İSTANBUL
Junior Art Director
Must be proficient in English, both written and spoken.
Member of the art team; reporting to the Art Director.
- Layouts for TBY publications
- Design artworks and check advertisement specifications
- Look for effective design solutions for better storytelling (illustrations, maps, infographics,etc.)
- Work with and assist the Art Director
- Animate the infographics to be published online
- Create and develop design and other visual elements using TBY’s style
- Critique, analyze design, and give feedback to design team members and to the outsourced designers
- Assist the Art Director during the printing process
- Work with the editorial team to establish appropriate creative directions
- Work with the design team to establish new skills, processes, and insights
- Prepare and update necessary Marketing, HR, and PR materials
- has 1-3 year(s) of work experience at a print publication
- is fluent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- is able to work in a team and work individually when needed
- practices good time management and multitasking skills
- is aware of contemporary trends in editorial design, infographic and illustration
- is detail-oriented
- is confident with working on tight deadlines without compromising work quality
- is confident with communicating ideas in a clear and precise way
- has problem solving skills
- is able to conceptualize and visually realize original ideas individually and within a team
The Business Year (TBY) is a leading research firm and publisher of annual economic resources on national economies. Present in over 25 countries, TBY provides accurate, timely, and country-specific economic data.
Each year we meet with leading policy makers and business leaders to compile first-hand information and in-depth analysis, providing strategic advice to the global business community on economic trends and investment opportunities in the countries we cover.